By Dean Downing
With so few days before Christmas and New Year’s, it is easy to feel like we are neglecting ourselves. Part of essential work life balance is finding a way to feel beautiful in spite of a busy schedule. There are hundreds of things you can do to change your look, and become a new woman, in just a few seconds.
Here are my top 5. For the rest, you’ll have to come in for a visit:
1. Get yourself Clip In Extensions. Depending on your budget you can get just a piece or two, to give you a little length or flare, or a whole head of hair pieces, to dramatically change you into a celebrity.
2. Buy a few sets of fake eyelashes! You can go super dramatic with these or just a thin set to give you a little fuller look. These can be purchased just about anywhere and are a quick on and off.
3. Make sure you are having fun with lip color!!! You can change a whole outfit or night for that matter with just a change of your shade in lipstick. Have fun! Go get that sexy black dress and put on those RED lips!
4. The biggest thing that I have changed for people is contouring their makeup! I have watched countless YouTube videos on how to change the contour of your face with shading. I LOVE Pixiwoo. She can teach you any look you would ever want to know.
5. The last (and sometimes sexiest) thing you can add to an outfit is a new pair of glasses. You can get many glasses for next to nothing now. They don’t need to be your everyday pair, but have fun picking out some less expensive options and change your look to sexy, smart and seductive.
Want a chance to visit stylist Dean Downing in person? Enter the GIVEAWAY here!
Dean Downing’s style of salon work is edgy, contemporary and fashion-inspired yet wearable at the same time. A graduate of the Paul Mitchell Academy, he has also received advanced training from TIGI, Vidal Sassoon,and RUSK. Currently a RUSK Design Team Member and former TIGI Ambassador and Creative Forces Team Member, he specializes in advanced cutting, coloring and styling techniques. His “unique and natural talents” have enabled him to advance quickly in the industry. He has traveled the country working backstage with RUSK, TIGI Creators, Vidal Sassoon, and numerous other runway and fashion shows. He has also worked with the International Academy of Design and Technology by volunteering his time and talent helping students make their fashion dreams come true. Like him on Facebook and Twitter.